1. Remove the carburetor from the engine, then remove 4 screws (Sl-3) holding throttle body to mixer bowl.
2. Remove the throttle body. Note that the gasket retains idle cutoff piston in place (shown under finger tip).
Note: Not all 55 Series Carburetors are equipped with the cutoff piston.
3. Remove the gasket which will release the Idle cutoff piston and spring.
4. Remove the check valve plate and air valve spring. Lift the air/gas valve from mixer bowl.
5. Clean the mixer bowl assembly in safety solvent. Do not use carburetor cleaner as it will attack synthetic rubber seals.
1. The RK-CA55 kit includes:
• AV1-14925 Air/Gas Valve Assy (RK-55-2 kit supplies the AV1-14926 “lean” valve.)
• AP2-14700 Plate, Check Valve Assy
• P4-1 Piston, Idle Cutoff
• S2-44 Spring, Idle Cutoff
• S1-3 Screws (4), 10-24 x 5/8”
• G1-92 Gasket
• PPI-55 Repair Kit Instructions
2. Place the air/gas valve assembly in the mixer bowl.
3. Place the air/valve spring and check valve plate in the mixer bowl.
4. This illustration shows the mixer bowl assembled with the check valve assembly centered towards air horn. The idle cutoff piston and spring are shown in place ready for assembly to the mixer bowl.
5.Place the gasket on the throttle body retainingthe idle cutoff piston in its recess (under thumb,as shown in the illustration).
6.While holding the gasket and idle cutoff pistonin place, turn the throttle body over. Note cutoutof the gasket designed to clear the check valveassembly on plate.
7.Lower the throttle body gently onto the mixerbowl making sure idle cutoff piston does notescape from its recess. Once the throttle body isflush on the mixer bowl, align the holes and startthe 4 screws.
8.Tighten 4 screws to 30 in lbs (3.4 N•m)